Friday 27 December 2013

New Discovery: Suitcase Magazine

I'm sucker for fashion and indie mags which is why I love WH Smith Selfridges and Wardour News: both are great for finding literally anything including banned magazine covers! On a not so recent visit to pick up a copy of Vogue Collections SS14, I found this gem:

Excuse the quick iPhone snap!


The magazine which focuses on travel and fashion (my two greatest loves) initially caught my eye due to the Jamaican flag cover, but after a flicking through I realised it was worth buying. It contains features on beauty, guides to Amsterdam and Cape Town as well as huge section on Jamaica; I was impressed with the coverage of local knowledge such as the latest dances, hottest nightclubs and a strong focus on Portland which is a beautiful but less popular tourist destination in Jamaica. 

The magazine is bi-annual so I'm curious to see what they have in store for the Summer edition; I love the format and would definitely recommend this to any magazine collector.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search