Friday 13 December 2013

Beyoncé


Beyoncé shook the internet left, right and centre the moment she dropped her latest self-titled visual album, as someone who became caught in the rapture I felt compelled to make a post. First of all not only are the visuals incredible, but they are incredibly sexy which I feel is quite refreshing for her as an artist, with each video really bringing the lyrics to life. I enjoyed the majority of them so I won't bore you with the list, but in terms of the songs Drunk In Love immediately stood out as did Flawless; I love how she turned around the original 'Bow Down Bitches' and created a feminist anthem with a sample of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's TED Talk...brilliant!

I originally contemplated sharing the video when I posted this, but I wasn't sure if viewers would watch it in it's entirety, however now it's part of pop culture I recommend it to all: this woman speaks the truth!

See below for the Chimamanda video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search